University of Heidelberg
Institute of Geology and Paleontology
Im Neuenheimer Feld 234
D-69120 Heidelberg / Germany
ETH Zürich Diploma (MSc)
ETH Zürich Dr. sc. Nat.
(Geology of the Abu Zenima Region, Sinai Egypt: Sedimentology and Stratigraphy)
Member of Thermochronology and Archaeometry Group
PD Dr. Ulrich A. Glasmacher
Analytical environmental chemistry:
LCQ ion-trap mass spectrometry
Develop and implement a sampling strategy to measure flame retardants (PBDE’s) in a lake sediment core with GC/MS within an environmental study
Dr. A. Densmore
ETH Zürich, Switzerland
Low temperature Thermochronometry (Fission-track & (U-Th)/He analysis in Algeria and Morocco
Journals peer reviewed
P. Vermeesch, D. Seward, C. Latkoczy, M. Wipf, D. Günther, H. Baur (2007); α-emitting minberal inclusions in apatite, their effect on (U-Th)-He ages, and how to reduce it; Geochimica et Cosmochimica, 71, 1737-1746
- N.J. Richardson, A.L. Densmore, D. Seward, M. Wipf, Li Yong, M.A. Ellis, Y. Zhang Extraordinary denudation in the Sichuan Basin: insights from low-temperature thermochronology adjacent to the eastern margin of the Tibetan Plateau (accepted in Journal of Geophysical Research)
Articles submitted or in preparation
M. Wipf, G. Zeilinger, D. Seward, F. Schlunegger Focused Erosion during Ridge Subduction: Impact on the Geomorphology in South-Central Peru (submitted to Terranova)
- M. Wipf, D. Seward, C.H. Stirling, D. Harrison Long term stability at an active subdcution zone: Evidence from low-temperature thermochronometry of the Peruvian Coastal Margin, (in preparation)
Conferece abstracts and extended abstracts
M. Wipf, G. Zeilinger, D. Seward, F. Schlunegger Geomorphic Effects in Western Peru due to Subduction of the Nazca Ridge, EUG General Assembly, 24-29, April 2005, Vienna, Austria
- M. Wipf, D. Seward, C. Stirling, D. HarrrisonConstraining the post Jurassic Evolution of Western Peru through Fission Track and (U-Th/He) dating , EUG General Assembly, 24-29, April 2005, Vienna, Austria
- M. Wipf, D. Harrison, C. Stirling, D. Seward (U-Th)/He How do we measure it? European He Thermochronology Workshop 2004, 18-19, May 2004, SUERC, East Kilbride, Scottland.
- M. Wipf, D. Harrison, C. Stirling, D. Seward, F. Schlunegger The Coastal margin of Peru: cooling history through Fission Track and (U-Th/He) dating, 10th International Fission Track Dating and Thermochronology Congress 8-13, August 2004, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- M. Wipf, D. Seward, F. Schlunegger, F. Stuart Fission Track and (U-Th/He) thermochronology constraints on the influence of the subduction of the Nazca Ridge on Andean Exhumation in South Central Peru, EGS-AGU-EUG Joint Assembly, 6-11, April 2003, Nice France
- M. Wipf, D. Seward, F. Schlunegger Preliminary Fissiontrack Data on the effects of the subducting Nazca Ridge on the Geomorphology in South-Central Peru, 5th International Symposium on Andean Geodynamics, 16-18, September 2003, Toulouse, Franc
- M. Wipf, D. Harrison, D. Seward, F. Schlunegger Evolution Of The Coastal Margin Of Central Peru Through Fission-Track and (U-Th/He) Analysis AGU Fall Meeting, 8-12, December 2003, San Francisco, USA
- M. Wipf, D. Seward, F. Schlunegger Effects of the subducting Nazca Ridge on Andean Exhumation in South Central Peru. International Workshop on “Fission Track Analysis: Theory and Applications” 4-7, June 2002, El Puerto de Santa Maria, Cadiz, Spain.
- N. Hurley, a. A. Raba, E. Witton, M. Wipf Outcrop mapping of tear-fault compartments at Rose Dome, Big Horn Basin, Wyoming. American Association of Petroleum Geologists, Annual Meeting 1999, Tulsa, OK, USA.